Assistant Buyer / Assistant Category Manager – Online Retail
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Are you confident and working in retail as an assistant category manager or an assistant buyer? Are you looking for an exciting challenge within a fast paced, rapidly growing, professional company?
As our Assistant Category Manager, you will report into our Head of Buying and work alongside the category management team.
You will have experience in dealing with suppliers, developing and managing your product category sales & margins in line with the company strategy & targets. You may also have experience of sourcing products from the Far East and Europe.
This is a hands on role and will suit a motivated individual who has a positive outlook and natural interest in product and sales performance.
•Support Head of buying in the development and growth of the business
•Develop category to maximise sales and profit
•Day to day management of category, replenishment orders, stock control etc.
•Sourcing new products (for our ranges and to generate PR), undertaking negotiations and securing best prices
•Re-sourcing of bestsellers for margin improvement
•Responsible for promotional activity of your category. Forecasting profitable promotions through to reporting performance of all activity using Google Analytics while working closely with Head of Buying, Marketing & E-commerce departments
•Maintain and foster supplier relationships in a partnership style and on board new suppliers successfully
•Oversee the reconciliation of deliveries against invoices and packing lists
•Analysing data using Excel, Google Analytics and In-House tools (training will be provided for the latter two) to help deliver the strategy for the range
•Ensure that all sourced products are ROHS & CE compliant. Knowledge of Test reports would be beneficial but not essential.
•Responsibility for website product merchandising, including page merchandising and ensure all correct parameters are set e.g. price / filters etc. in order to positively contribute towards purchase conversion rate
•There may be the opportunity to attend trade shows and some overseas travel may be required
Key Skills & Experience
• Minimum of 1-2 years of Retail Buying or Category Management experience at Assistant or Administrative level
• Natural flair for spotting trends and making viable product selections through sales knowledge
• Ability to manage stocks levels and complete replenishment orders for approval according to supplier lead times in order to prevent financial loss of sales
• Ability to develop strong supplier relationships and possess strong negotiation skills
• Be Organised and highly accurate with numbers via the use of excel
• Intermediate to Advanced computer skills (Outlook Email, Word) and strong Excel & GA skills required to complete the duties for the role
• Ability to prioritise, multi-task and manage projects according to priority set by the Head of Buying
• Must be a strong team player, have a good work ethic & remain professional at all times
How to Apply
If you are a motivated individual with good communication skills and have all or enough skills required to fulfil the duties listed above, and if you want to learn more and work in a fast-moving and exciting industry, then please get in contact with us today - We want to hear from you!
Please send your CV to [email protected]
About the Company
Bondara is a multi-award winner of the ETO "Best Online Retailer Award" at the NEC. We are a leading UK online retailer of marital aids and lingerie with steady and continuous growth. You should be commercially thinking, creative, organised, confident, self-motivated and able to hit the ground running from day one. A very exciting and rewarding role awaits the right candidate in our expanding fun and dynamic firm.