Whether you’re experienced with anal sex or looking to add anal play to your bedroom repertoire, anal douches and enemas are a vital part of your toy box. Our How To Use An Anal Douche guide is a quick and easy starter for anal douching beginners and will give you all the basic info you need to get started.
Designed to clean your anus before penetration (by a toy or penis) anal douches are a great way to help you feel fresh and confident, plus they’re a great way for beginners to get used to the feeling of an object in their anus.
More often than not, any objections we hear to anal sex centre around cleanliness and the fear of being unhygienic but anal douches ensure that you’re clean, fresh and there’s little risk of ‘messy’ anal play.
Traditionally anal douches are a plastic or silicone bulb that is filled with water and a removable nozzle that is inserted a small way into the anus. Although our douches range in size, colour and the amount of liquid they can hold, we’d recommend the Unisex Anal Douche for beginners as its simple to use design and glow-in-the-dark tip allow for easy insertion.
How to use an Anal Douche
1. When first receiving your anal douche, make sure you remove all packaging and give it a thorough clean in warm water before the first use.
2. Either remove the nozzle and fill with warm (not hot!) water or submerge the entire douche in warm water and squeeze the bulb to suck in the required amount of water. Make sure that the water used is not too hot or too cold as you risk burning or an unpleasant sensation.Never use soap or other cleaning liquids in an anal douche- only use plain, clean water.
3. Carefully lubricate your anus with a finger and the end of the nozzle using a personal lubricant. If you’ve never used an anal douche before you may wish to try inserting a finger into yourself to get yourself used to the feeling of penetration.
4. Gently insert the nozzle into your anus. It’s best to do this over the toilet as the sitting angle allows for easier insertion and ensures that the whole process is hygienic and mess-free.
5. Squeeze the bulb slowly to push the water into your rectum. Make sure you don’t release the bulb while the douche is inserted otherwise you’ll suck the ‘dirty’ water back into the douche. Squeeze as much or as little water into yourself as you feel is comfortable.
6. Keeping the bulb firmly squeezed, slowly remove the douche from your anus. Hold the water in your anus until you feel the urge to naturally expel it. As you’re sitting on the toilet already this will be a mess-free process!
7. Repeat as necessary until the water you release runs clear.
– Always make sure you thoroughly wash your anal douche with antibacterial soap after use, making sure that you rinse it properly to avoid irritation the next time you use.
– If you experience any discomfort or pain during douching, stop immediately. Breathing slowly and trying to relax your muscles will make for easier insertion.
– It’s best to douche around 30-45 minutes before you engage in anal play so your body has a chance to adjust and relax afterwards.
– Any natural lubrication your anus produces (which is minimal) will be lost during douching so always make sure you use an appropriate anal lubricant during penetration.
For more powerful douching our Steel Dildo attaches directly to your shower hose for pleasurable anal play and a thorough cleaning experience. These attachments are great for solo play or a naughty shower with your partner; just remember to use plenty of dedicated anal lubricant when using them as most other water-based lubricants will be washed away.
If you have any questions regarding Anal Douches or anything else you see on this site please contact Customer Services on 0800 311 2 511 or catch us on Twitter or Facebook.